Monday, June 21, 2010

The process of thought

Uti Vår Hage by Krister Petersson is one of my favorite swedish comics, so I decided to draw the main character, Faló.

He usually looks like this:

Uti Vår Hage

Eh, yeah, more or less. (image courtesy of tidningskungen.se)

So anyways, I sketched him. He looked very much like a alcoholic, but it was still a very nice sketch. So I inked it (which I haven't done to any drawing in a long while now), and I finally feel very comfortable inking again. And last I coloured it. Now, why am I telling you this?

Well, because I wanted to point the notable, and very nice difference between every step. Look here:

Falo

It's interesting, now when I'm done, to see all the changes I made. I actually think it's important to change something all the time, otherwise you just end up tracing and lose all the energy in the drawing.

Anyway, enough ranting about that. I might post a bigger version of the coloured one later.

Last but not least, here's a drawing of Hanna:

Hanna

I can't even DESCRIBE how hard it was to do this, and I didn't like it when I was done. Hell, I wasn't even going to post it (I never post things I'm not satisfied with), but then I made a slight alteration, and now I really like it. Like, really.

No comments: